[geeks] Windows XP, and activation

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Nov 4 00:37:58 CST 2006

Fri, 03 Nov 2006 @ 18:04 -0600, Lionel Peterson said:

> >From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
> >Date: 2006/11/03 Fri AM 09:38:13 CST
> >To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
> >Subject: Re: [geeks] Windows XP, and activation

> >> <snip>
> >>
> >> That's called the "Windows Genuine Advantage" IIRC...
> >>
> >> you have to find a CD iso with SP2 installed, becuase you won't be
> >> able to install SP2 without activating the O/S...
> >
> >How do you install the patches that come out after SP2?
>
> Personally, I use Windows Update ;^)

I didn't think it would work if you disabled the Genuine Disadvantage
stuff.

Doesn't seem to work for me anyway.

Every time I go to Window Update, it will only let me install GA.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [Don't you see that the whole aim of Newspeak
is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime