[geeks] ultralight suicide mission

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Wed Nov 1 10:55:45 CST 2006

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> Jump off the trailing side, on the other hand, and you'll smack into the
> cable.  You'll smack into it relatively gently, as far as lateral
> velocity is concerned; but you'll be moving downward at a pretty good
> clip by then, and it'll probably hurt, especially if you hit a car on
> its way up.

Even if you don't hit a car, think "belt sander" or "bandsaw."
If it didn't flay your skin off, it would probably at least
shred your spacesuit at which point you'd be dead anyway.

-DanD

# What is it that makes a complete stranger dive into an icy river to save a
# solid gold baby? Maybe we'll never know.  -DEEP THOUGHTS