[geeks] Server Noise Management, Redneck Style

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun May 28 19:42:53 CDT 2006

Sun CoolThreads T1000 - The First Server with Glasspack Mufflers!

First, the movies with audio: (MPEG-4 Quicktime)
http://www.sunhelp.org/docs/t1k/enclosed.mov

Then, with the drawer open:
http://www.sunhelp.org/docs/t1k/open.mov

Pictures:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrbill/sets/72157594148002662/

I still need to add two air holes on the top with some 12V fans.

If I put this whole thing in the closet, maybe then I wont be able to
hear it down the hall..

Maybe if I just add some dryer exhaust hoses for intake/exit air, then
throw a blanket over the whole thing... 8-)

BIll

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas