[geeks] bye bye Cisco...

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Sun May 28 17:50:32 CDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-05-28 at 17:25, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Sun, May 28, 2006 at 11:40:47AM -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> > I was pretty surprised that Cisco wouldn't have full-duplex support in
> > their system, given that the 2820 series switch I have, same vintage,
> > does support both half and full duplex connections.
>
> 10BaseT full duplex is sorta oddball.  I've never seen it used in a
> production environment in eleven years of doing computers for a living..

It wasn't my choice, but given I didn't find out that the Cisco
equipment couldn't do it till about 2:30 AM, I figured the faster choice
was to use the switch rather that try to figure out the vagaries of a
Broadcom chipset :-)   .

10BaseT full duplex is the choice of the provider when you buy 10megs of
Internet from them, it seems :-) .  Next time I will order 11megs just
to get a 100BaseTX handoff ...

--Patrick