[geeks] Sunsolve Information

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu May 25 09:16:55 CDT 2006

This is probably old news, but somehow I missed out.

I've not been to Sun's website for system information in awhile, and today
I went and found you have to have a Sunsolve service agreement to view the
content.

Seems a bit heavy handed to not let anyone see technical details on even old
systems without a service plan.

The site says limited access is available to all users, but I don't see any
information on how to get that.

Anyone else know? I tried the option to use my other Sun account used for
downloads and it still asks for a valid service plan ID.

When did this happen? I remember Sun changing things awhile back, but I didn't
realize it meant stuff like basic product information. What kind of idiots
block access to product information?

Isn't that kind of off-putting to potential new customers?

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [javalin: an unwieldy programming weapon used
to stab a software project through the heart until dead]