[geeks] Gold archival CDs?

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Fri May 12 17:06:33 CDT 2006

On 5/12/06, Micah R Ledbetter <vlack-lists at vlack.com> wrote:
> On May 12, 2006, at 15:02, Micah R Ledbetter wrote:
>
> > I read here[0] that someone (Kodak, I think) used to make gold CD-Rs
> > for archival purposes.
>
> Here[0] is an example that I just found (not Kodak). eFilm Archival
> Gold - "The most reliable CD-R ON THE PLANET".

I'd advise reading the reviews on media at CDFreaks and others that
have been mentioned on the list.  A lot of those folks have equipment
that can analyze "jitter" and the like to see how consistent burns,
etc.

Apparently media from the same manufacturer may vary a quite a bit
from job lot to job lot.

=Nadine=