[geeks] HP 1320 printer, won't run a USB 2.0 speed

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Mon May 8 21:26:10 CDT 2006

Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 08:04:24PM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>
>>If this printer does not do 480Mbps, then it is a case of false advertising,
>>because it clearly claims to.
>

> Nope, it says USB 2.0 Full Speed.  Products are (unfortunately) capable of
> using USB 2.0 signalling but only supporting Full Speed (12mbps) instead of
> Hi Speed (480mbps).
>
> (personally I think its all marketing BS)

Disraeli:  There are three ways to deceive a man - lies, damned lies,
and statistics.

Terry Gilliam:  And political campaign ads!

Disraeli:  Four.  There are four ways to deceive a man - lies, damned
lies, statistics, and political campaign ads.

Eric Idle:  And marketing claims!

Disraeli (rolling eyes):  Five.  There are five ways -

John Cleese:  I'm sorry.  We'll come in again.