[geeks] Interesting ATI/AMD news

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Mon Jul 31 12:18:04 CDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-31 at 13:02, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 11:35:22AM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > In the USA, the explosion of Wifi networks is about 99.9% unregulated
> > and unlicensed, so I can't imagine what you mean in our context.
>
> Pennsylvania and San Franciso.

I am sure that there is some talking at cross purposes here.

I know of several Wifi ISPs and none have had to sign any licensing docs
with the Pennsylvania state government.

If you are talking about the Philadelphia Wifi deal, even that was not a
license situation but more an exclusive vendor/supplier relationship.
Any person could buy a Net connection, hook it up somewhere, and start
selling access via wifi.

--Patrick