[geeks] What to do with the tapes when you do finaly erase them.

Arno Kletzander Arno_1983 at gmx.de
Fri Jul 28 01:13:08 CDT 2006

"Mike Hebel" <nimitz at nimitzbrood.com> wrote:
> Thus spake Nick B.:
> > Make sure to fill them with correctly formatted (on the tape) random
> > numbers, say from urandom or similar first.
>
> Better yet - PI shifted by the number of letters in the name of the
> current leaders of Freemasonry.
>
> ;-)

Ahem...am I missing something here? Will these tapes be unusable after a bulk erase, or is there just nobody left with us who has any actual use for them in a classic computer context??

What type were they again? We should perhaps be a bit more careful with "consumables" which are no longer manufactured or just too d**n expensive to buy new for hobby purposes (if even only for some of us).

(No, no way I could profit from that, I'm still in Europe and couldn't even think about having them shipped here. Then again, if you intend to ship any around just for some action, I'll gladly give you my postal address. I also recommend cross-posting any offer that might spring up from this to the classiccmp.org lists.)

Just my 0.02 EUR...

--
Arno Kletzander
Stud. Hilfskraft Informatik Sammlung Erlangen

"Feel free" b 10 GB Mailbox, 100 FreeSMS/Monat ...