[geeks] Solaris 10 install size

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Fri Jul 14 13:28:59 CDT 2006

From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
> Fri, 14 Jul 2006 @ 00:41 +0000, wa2egp at att.net said:
>
> > > It would also be nice to have a place where all the gotchas and
> > > solutions for building, updating, and maintaining software on Solaris
> > > was kept.  I personally find it harder to do that on Solaris than
> > > something like FreeBSD, so it seems a good topic for a book or
> > > even a website.
> >
> > Ahhh......sunhelp.org?
>
> Nope, it really doesn't do much in this area.
>
> It might be nice if sunhelp.org hosted that kind of thing, but I'm not
> sure there are enough people willing to maintain something like that.
>
> Also, Bill isn't a publisher last time I checked, so there is still the
> book vacancy.

I was thinking of just little "here's how ya do it"s.  I try to save as
much stuff like that as I can, even if I have no clue what is being
discussed, just in case I might need the info in the future.  Catagorizing
is the pain.  Keeps me from asking some dumb-ass questions (at least its
suppose to....).

Actually I was just yanking Bill's chain a little.  I know what a nightmare
it could be.  Don't mind me.  I just got home from teaching summer school
in the 'hood.  I think all of the kids I have are "special needs".  After
today, I think the gene pool needs a life guard.

Bob