[geeks] Shared Firewire Disk?

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Mon Dec 18 12:15:25 CST 2006

On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 22:36:31 +0200, sammy ominsky wrote:
> On 17/12/2006, at 21:44, Mike Meredith wrote:
>
> > Just to be picky ... whilst you can't expect to mount a shared disk
> > on two systems simultaneously using an ordinary filesystem, you can
> > use a shared disk with systems taking turns to use it.
>
> Of course you can, but I thought the former scenario was the topic
> of discussion.

Sure. However whilst I don't have an example, it should be possible to
knock up something for an active-passive cluster using a 'shared'
filesystem in the way I described. Not an ideal solution, but feasible
for some situations.

And I did say I was being picky :)

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
 "Why are we hiding from the police, daddy?"