[geeks] Shared Firewire Disk?

sammy ominsky s at avoidant.org
Sun Dec 17 14:36:31 CST 2006

On 17/12/2006, at 21:44, Mike Meredith wrote:

> Just to be picky ... whilst you can't expect to mount a shared disk on
> two systems simultaneously using an ordinary filesystem, you can use a
> shared disk with systems taking turns to use it.

Of course you can, but I thought the former scenario was the topic of
discussion.  I have a stack of firewire disks I share between
systems, but none of the filesystems are mounted on more than one
system at a time, even when they're connected to multiple machines.

I'm considering OCFS for at least one set of disks, though.

---sambo