[geeks] DNS issue, localhost not resolving properly

Ian Viemeister sunhelp-geeks at ian.viemeister.com
Mon Dec 11 18:43:43 CST 2006

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> I have a problem with localhost.<my domain> not resolving in BIND 9.

Ok... but unless I missed something there, the zone files you showed were
for "localhost.", not "goid.lan.", which would contain "localhost.goid.lan."

> Everything works, except that sendmail sometimes panics, unable to find
> localhost.goid.lan (goid.lan is my local private LAN).

Do you have an entry for "localhost" in goid.lan.zone?

(A better question might be why sendmail is *looking* for localhost.goid.lan
 in the first place, but without knowing how the rest of the network is
 setup...)

--Ian