[geeks] Passwords, etc

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Dec 11 17:08:20 CST 2006

Mon, 11 Dec 2006 @ 16:39 -0600, Lionel Peterson said:

> Too many conspiracy plans seem to rely on the "reporter" saying things
> like "well, uhm, you know, we could..." they have no idea how, it is
> just this side of pure science fiction. No one (it seems) ever
> challenges these folks (like the two housewives who reported ont he
> way RFID was going to destroy western civilization) [1]

One reason these ideas exist is because history shows that such
technologies almost always have been abused, so there is nothing
unreasonable about assuming they will be in the future.

I'm one of those kids who paid attention to my elders growing up, and I
remember them warning all of the younger adults about almost everything
that currently plagues us today, and I remember everyone thinking they
were paranoid and ignorant.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Meddle not in the affairs of Wizards, for
thou art crunchy, and taste good with ketchup." -- unknown]