[geeks] Mandatory password changes

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Mon Dec 11 09:50:18 CST 2006

" From: Robert Brooke Gravitt <gravitt at gmail.com>
"
" password for 120 days. What sucks is I've got about 85 LPARs on
" different p570s that I have accounts on, and keeping track of
" passwords is a bitch.

last time i was in a situation like that - many moons ago, before
things like yp - synchronizing expiry, so that when one wanted
changing it was the signal to do all of them -- and use the same new
password.  i only had a dozen or so to handle, but it juse wasn't
possible to memorize more than one good strong password at a time, let
alone which system it applied to.