[geeks] Mandatory password changes

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Mon Dec 11 09:44:40 CST 2006

" From: Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com>
"
" That's not what I meant.  I've come across a whole lot of people who
" will cycle through four passwords *immediately* so that don't have to
" switch passwords at all.  I didn't mean that they cycle over the change
" period.

fault the company for not setting -minimum- password age.  when i was
at bell labs password expiry was 90 days, but after you changed it
you had to wait 14 days before the system would allow you to change it
again.  this ability is built in to all sV-based unices at least.