[geeks] Windows: move to new hard drive (forgive me)

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at liftport.com
Mon Dec 11 00:11:30 CST 2006

Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> Situation:
>
> Windows XP on 40GB hard drive.
>
> Desired situation:
>
> Windows XP on 160GB hard drive.
>
> What's the easiest way to just move the whole thing to the new drive?
>
> Will something like Acronis True Image do it?

Depends on what you mean by 'whole thing'.   I used XPs migrate utility
at home - it shuffled the contents of the "My Documents' folder over
with no issues - IE bookmarks, desktop settings all came alone with no
issues.

--
Brian Dunbar
System Administrator

brian.dunbar at liftport.com
aim: bdunbar1967

this email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private

Meaningful Work or Death.
Any other form of existence doesn't interest me.

Hugh Macleod