[geeks] LOPSA @ LISA

Ian Viemeister sunhelp-geeks at ian.viemeister.com
Thu Dec 7 14:20:58 CST 2006

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006, velociraptor wrote:
> LOPSA, the League of Professional Systems Adminstrators, is actively
> campaigning for new members, chapters, affiliate organizations, and
> volunteers to assist with their start up activities.

I'd definately second the suggestion for any sysadmin to get involved with
LOPSA.  It's trying to become a proper "professional" organization, but
that will really only work if more people get involved...

> LOPSA seeks to be what SAGE/USENIX can't be to professional SA's due to
> the IRS tax status of USENIX and thereby, SAGE.

And for those who were not at last year's LISA (or otherwise following
it), LOPSA was built on the organizational foundation put together for the
spinning-off of SAGE from USENIX that ended up not happening.
The (wonderfuly motivated) folks working on that continued with a new name
(and fewer resources).

> Please take a few minutes to have a look at <http://lopsa.org>.

And for anyone else currently at LISA, stop by the LOPSA suite on the 8th
floor....

--Ian