[geeks] Wow - that was fast...

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 12:12:43 CST 2006

On 12/6/06, Jonathan Groll <lists at groll.co.za> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 04:29:19PM -0600, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> > The Sun Solari media kit arrived in the mail today, I ordered it when the link was posted here last week (?). It contained three DVDs:
> >
> > Solaris 10 Install - SPARC
> > Solaris 10 Install - x86/x64
> > Solaris Developer Tools:
> >  - Sun Studio 11
> >  - Sun Java Studio Creator 2 Update 1
> >  - Sun Java Studio Enterprise 8
> >  - NetBeans 5.0
>
> For those of us overseas, did it include opensolaris source?

No. This is Solaris 10 6/06 (aka U2). U3 is right around the corner,
so I'm assuming they had to get rid of some surplus there. Also, sun
studio is sparc and x86/x64, not linux. The Sun Studio Express program
has a version for Linux (not just the IDE you understand, but the
actual suite of compilers).

Netbeans 5.5 is out and a DVD can be gotten for free from:
http://www.netbeans.org/about/cd-form.html

That version covers Solaris sparc and x86/x64, Mac OSX, linux, windows
with specific installers and whatever else through the plain old .jar.

BTW, anybody going to sun tech days/ open solaris day/ netbeans day in
Atlanta, GA in january? Too bad the opensolaris and netbeans days are
on the same day, would have liked to attend both. Going to netbeans,
altough I wonder if I can sneak in if there's a boring part.

Francois