[geeks] Staring apache with "nice"?

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Tue Dec 5 13:42:49 CST 2006

" From: "Mike Hebel" <nimitz at nimitzbrood.com>
"
" Thus spake Geoffrey S. Mendelson:
" > On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 12:46:20PM -0600, Mike Hebel wrote:
" >> Trying to keep apache from killing the Cobalt Qube 2700WG I have at home
" >> but I can't seem to find where to add the "nice" command.
" >>
" >> Anybody got a good suggestion?  This is on Debian Cobalt btw.
" >
" > In /etc/init.d/apache to be exact.
" >
" > 	case "$1" in
" > 	  start)
" > 	    should_start
" > 	    test_config
" > 	    echo -n "Starting web server: $NAME"
" > 	    $ENV $SSD --start --pidfile $PIDFILE --exec $DAEMON > /dev/null
" > 	    ;;
" >
" > Somewhere on the last line, I assume.
"
" I tried adding it there and I get variable errors.

where did you put it?  not having seen the rest of the init file, i'd
go in between $ENV and $SSD.

$ENV looks like it'd be environment variables.  it's perfectly legal
in shell syntax to put them ahead of a command; they then have scope
just for that command.  example:

DISPLAY=fubar:0.0 toolwait xterm