[geeks] Motorola Q phone: warning!

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Aug 30 17:32:23 CDT 2006

Wed, 30 Aug 2006 @ 12:34 -0500, Micah R Ledbetter said:

> On Aug 30, 2006, at 07:54, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
>
> > Warning:  the interface on the Q phone (Windows Mobile OS) will drive
> > you utterly crazy.
> >
> > I can't believe how bad it is.
> >
> > It usually wakes up easily enough, but the whole interface feels
> > sluggish and bogged down.
>
> Same worthlessness with my Java phone. Whoever decided to put Java on
> phones deserves a punch in the nuts.

Kind of like the people who try to sell the "Java is just as fast as C"
line, or otherwise shove it down our throats, wasting millions of
dollars and man hours making a fad-based decision to move to Java.

You can also s/Java/.NET/g to cover the competition.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["And in billows of might swell the Saxons
before her,-- Unite, oh unite!	Or the billows burst o'er her!" -- Downfall