[geeks] Now for something completely geek

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Sun Aug 27 05:28:17 CDT 2006

On Sat, 26 Aug 2006 18:41:39 +0200, Joost van de Griek wrote:
> To be fair, a couple of years back we (the EU) changed from a ton of
> different currencies to the Euro. And while some morons are still
> trying to adjust, most people coped. Eventually.

Come to think of it, the 'almost europeans' have had to cope with a new
kind of money (still pounds and pence, but not pounds, shillings,
pence), and metrification. Lots of moans, but it hasn't caused the end
of the world.

The amount of FUD we get to hear about the Euro is astonishing. As if a
nation could lose it's identity because it changes the currency.