[geeks] Now for something completely geek

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Aug 26 10:15:40 CDT 2006

Fri, 25 Aug 2006 @ 10:36 -0400, der Mouse said:

> Yes...but the days when the Church could say "frog" and watch kings all
> over Europe jump are pretty much over, at least for now.
>
> > Admittedly their hold in the 1st world has faded somewhat, but they
> > still carry a big stick.
>
> Certainly.  It's just not nearly as big as it once was - and it feels a
> lot less imperialistic, at least to me.

...or it could just be that because the world is bigger now, it is more
subtle in its operations.

There is also the idea of shrinking shares of larger markets.

I don't think the RCC is smaller, I just think everything else is so
much bigger now, and more complicated.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [Well, I have entered the "metallic years."
Silver in my hair, gold in my teeth, lead in my ass... -- Sheldon Hall in