[geeks] Windows and timezones

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Aug 25 23:12:10 CDT 2006

Fri, 25 Aug 2006 @ 15:56 -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix said:

> Does anyone know if there is a patch/hack/whatever to make Windows use a
> real timezone, keeping the system clock in UTC?

[ snip ]

I've since done some more reading about this, and it appears to be
hopeless.

Windows NT did have code in the kernel to use UTC as the system clock,
but it was taken out of their test routine after NT 3.51 and never
really worked right.

According to what I've read, even Windows Vista remains unable to use a
UTC system clock.

It's so annoying...

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["There is no such thing as security.  Life
is either bold adventure, or it is nothing -- Helen Keller"]