[geeks] Encrypted Web Proxy

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Aug 25 23:10:16 CDT 2006

Fri, 25 Aug 2006 @ 10:56 -0500, Michael Parson said:

> On Fri, Aug 25, 2006 at 11:18:33AM -0400, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
> > Joshua Boyd wrote:

> >> Try htprox then.  It is a perl program that is a non-caching proxy.
> >
> > I couldn't find it.  Do you have a link for me?
>
> You could use a stripped down Apache config wtih mod_proxy then.
>
> Everything else would be the same.
>
> Or Privoxy, then you get ad stripping too. =)

Seems to me it would be a lot easier to just install squid, and give it
almost no cache space at all.  In fact, either it or a companion program
can be a pure proxy anyway I believe.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["There is no such thing as security.  Life
is either bold adventure, or it is nothing -- Helen Keller"]