[geeks] Now for something completely geek

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Aug 23 22:52:47 CDT 2006

Wed, 23 Aug 2006 @ 18:21 +0100, Mike Meredith said:

> On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 10:32:45 -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > Holy missed point Batman...
>
> Not really ...
>
> > > So go into work an hour earlier, go home an hour earlier, go to
> > > sleep an hour earlier.
> >
> > Or better yet, just get rid of DST and not worry about it.
>
> You want to read my earlier mail ... I not only support getting rid of
> DST but wouldn't mind seeing the timezones removed and everyone using
> UTC (although as I said "for amusement value" I wasn't being that
> serious).

Ah, OK.

I don't think going UTC would work out.  People are too funny about
that.

Even in the military a lot of people refuse to use zulu time.

Personally, I think that is a disaster waiting to happen.  A friend of
mine works in military communications and computer systems, and even
aboard ships and at Air Farce bases he has to set computers up for local
time.

My thinking is that in a war, none of these desktop warriors will be
used to dealing in military time, and it will cause a lot of confusion.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Castles are sacked in war, Chieftains are
scattered far, Truth is a fixed star, Eileen aroon!" -- Gerald Griffin]