[geeks] Now for something completely geek

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Wed Aug 23 06:31:19 CDT 2006

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 02:09:12 -0500 (CDT), Lionel Peterson wrote:
> >Only in the sense that they expect to be milked 24 hours (or 12 ?)
> >after the last time. I've tried questioning cows about their
> >perception of time, and all they come back with is "Moo?", so I guess
> >they don't care if it's 5am, 4am, or @1.34 (whatever that translates
> >to).
>
> Cute. My point was that at one point the nice 24 hour interval
> (period, if you will) becomes either 23 hours or 25 hours, assuming
> everything else is regulated by daylight savings time...

Yes, but a farmer isn't required by law to milk his cows at 5am ... he
could choose to milk them 24 hours after the last milking whatever the
clock on the wall says. Sure this means he changes the time he milks the
cows every 6 months, but the cows won't notice unless he makes the
obvious mistake.

> Yoou keep your kid in the house - are you nuts? They'll get greasy

I haven't spawned any child processes as yet despite making a few fork()
calls ... I keep getting ENOEGG or EBARRIER.