[geeks] Now for something completely geek

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at liftport.com
Wed Aug 23 01:33:26 CDT 2006

Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Aug 2006, Dan Duncan wrote:
>

>>On Tue, 22 Aug 2006, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
>>
>>>   Farmers complain the time change adversely affects livestock,
>>>   especially dairy cows, disrupting milking schedules.
>>>
>>>Because cows wear wristwtches, of course.
>>
>>Cows expect to be milked at a particular time each day.  When you
>>disrupt their schedules, it reduces milk production.
>

> Erm, yes, but presumably this happens in the status quo, as we already
> spend a portion of the year with our clocks all wrong.  Moving the dates
> that we arbitraily decide to move our clocks on and off the correct time
> can't affect any of this in any way.

Ever been in the woods the day _before_ deer season?  Can't walk without
tripping over the foolish things.  Come back the next day - they're
pretty scarce.

Herd critters are funny.  I'll ask my friend who used to live on a dairy
farm next time I see her but I'll bet a break-room donut they know what
day the change-over is and adjust themselves.

----
Brian Dunbar
System Administrator
Liftport - The Space Elevator Company

brian.dunbar at liftport.com
aim: bdunbar1967

this email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private

Remember.
But move forward, too. Light a candle, yes. But also drive a rivet.
~Lileks