[geeks] Now for something completely geek

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Tue Aug 22 13:54:50 CDT 2006

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006, der Mouse wrote:
> > (DST is a dinosaur that needs to die NOW.)
>
> Agreed.
>
> Actually, I've been sort of tending towards a similar position about
> timezones in general.  We've decoupled the clock from local solar time
> to a significant extent already; I see no particular reason - besides
> inertia, of course - why we shouldn't complete the job.

Then when the world ends at noon, it can end at noon everywhere.
(Except Newfoundland which will still manage to end at 12:30pm)

It would be a damned shame if it wasn't always 5pm somewhere.
When would I get a drink?

-DanD

# If we could just get everyone to close their eyes and visualize world
# peace for an hour, imagine how serene and quiet it would be until the
# looting started.   Imitation "Deep Thoughts"