[geeks] Now for something completely geek

Tue Aug 22 11:46:46 CDT 2006

> (DST is a dinosaur that needs to die NOW.)

Agreed.

Actually, I've been sort of tending towards a similar position about
timezones in general.  We've decoupled the clock from local solar time
to a significant extent already; I see no particular reason - besides
inertia, of course - why we shouldn't complete the job.

Leap seconds could go away at the same time.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca