[geeks] Now for something completely geek

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Aug 21 18:34:43 CDT 2006

Mon, 21 Aug 2006 @ 09:50 -0600, Dan Duncan said:

> He swore he would NEVER give his name to 911 again, EVER, and would use a
> payphone to call them instead of his cellphone if there happened to be
> one available.

Ouch.

Of course, that doesn't mean that is what is *supposed* to happen.

That's part of my point in other posts: you cannot count on what is
*supposed* to happen in many cases, so sometimes exersizing greater
control over your person is the best way to go about things.

Emergency services and police are bound by law to protect your
information.  Wether they actually do or not is a different matter.

Also worth noting: your friend could have been found by the lawyers
asking for a personnel list of that Jiffy Lube location.  That's
perfectly legal and is part of our legal system.  It can suck of course,
but then so does jury duty much of the time.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Meddle not in the affairs of Wizards, for
thou art crunchy, and taste good with ketchup." -- unknown]