[geeks] Now for something completely geek

Jeff Cole jeff at flambe.org
Sat Aug 19 06:22:54 CDT 2006

On Fri, Aug 18, 2006 at 07:32:41AM -0700, William Kirkland wrote:
> My brother, a truck driver for a small company, has a GPS enabled
> cell phone provided by his company from Nextel, which provides
> exactly that type of information for his employer. He believes that
> the cellular id is required to access that information.

Your brother is correct. In order to view the location of a certain
phone via Nextel's website, your login must not only be tied to the account
that the phone is on, the login must also have the appropriate security
level (I believe it's account manager).

--
It's not working because:  A star wars satellite accidently blew up the WAN.