[geeks] Dos and similar games

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 18:03:00 CDT 2006

On 8/18/06, Dan Duncan <dand at pcisys.net> wrote:
> At least one passenger who freaked out on a plane recently has been
> killed by the other passengers who wrestled him to the ground and sat
> on him to hold him down where he suffocated.  I really don't have a
> problem with that.  (Although carrying a few sets of disposable plastic
> restraints and training a flight crew on how to use them isn't a
> bad policy.)

I tried to find a reference to that incident, but wasn't able to--I
remember it quite vividly because after the investigation, no charges
were laid against any of those who pinned the passenger down.

I'm thinking it was shortly before 9/11 but my memory may be
faulty--but I know it was not that recent.  It got a lot of press in
California because it was on a fairly short commuter flight.

=Nadine=