[geeks] Every server room needs one of these...

Kevin kevin at pipeline.com
Thu Aug 17 21:58:52 CDT 2006

I bought that one a while back.  I like to put the Treo in my
pocket, plug up this handset and walk around the office talking
away.  Gets some funny looks, especially on the highway.

This is actually a damn good handset.  Vastly more clear and loud
than just speaking into the Treo (600).  I'm kind of hooked on
the thing now and pretty much take it any where i go if i plan to
be using my phone for more than 5 minutes at a time.

/KRM

wrote:

> > Found this link from a boingboing.net posting:
> >
> > http://www.boldoldphones.com/
> >
> > Rotary phones, reconditioned and guaranteed to work.
> >
> > As noted on the page, they will work in a power outage, since
they
> > don't require any local power supplies. ALso mentioned,
portable
> > rotary phones (cellular guts in a desktop phone:
> >
> > http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/categories.php?cPath=96
> >
> > I may need a rotary black desk phone for my office...
>
> Or, if you want something cheaper, but similar effect:
>
> http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/electronic/7830/
>
> --
> Michael Parson
> mparson at bl.org