[geeks] Stuff fo' sale

Thu Aug 17 11:07:44 CDT 2006

> What scares the hell out of me now is that the traffic authorities in
> VA are actually considering putting traffic signals ON THE RAMP.

I've seen that in various places as an attempt to throttle the rate of
cars entering the freeway; there's a stoplight on the ramp (fairly far
from the merge point, in the cases I've seen, thankfully) that lets
one car go per, oh, 20 seconds or so.

Somewhere in Ottawa or Montreal or somewhere between them (I've seen it
on the road between them but can't recall details), there is an on-ramp
with a stop *sign*.  I don't know what it's doing there.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca