[geeks] Dos and similar games

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Aug 16 14:32:36 CDT 2006

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> Personally, I can't wait for folks to start checking their bags again
> - it's silly, in the name of getting out of the airport faster, they
> carry everything on-board, and delay everyone else onthe plane as they
> wrestle with a too-big bag from th eoverhead compartment... But that's
> me...

If the TSA can manage to stop destroying my luggage and its contents[0],
maybe I'll start checking a normal suitcase again, rather than carrying
two duffles onboard.

Though really, I'd quite honestly rather drive than be treated like
criminal[1] only to be packed like sardines with a bunch of overweight
idiots.  I've not flown in nearly two years, and I can't say I miss it.

[0] I've had them scissor-open zippers (that weren't locked), open a
     sealeds bottle of Listerine and hair-conditioner so that they leaked
     all over my clothes.  At least they were kind enough to include a
     "yes, we played silly bastards with your effects, but we're not
     liable; nyah-yah" form letter every time.
[1] Needle around it as you will, but a government agent forcibly
     searching me as a condition for my completing a business transaction
     in the course of travelling among the several states is a
     Consitutional violation on so many levels that it violates both
     sensibility and good taste.
--
Jonathan Patschke    )   "A man who never dreams goes slowly mad."
Elgin, TX           (      --Thomas Dolby, "Valley of the Mind's Eye"