[geeks] Stuff fo' sale

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Aug 16 12:02:40 CDT 2006

Tue, 15 Aug 2006 @ 18:34 +0100, Mike Meredith said:

> On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 12:07:24 -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > by the red light, and not because they did anything wrong.  Yellow
> > time has to allow for a safe stop at full speed, and a lot of cities
> > have reduced yellow time below that.
>
> When I was learning to drive, approaching an intersection at 'full
> speed' was called dangerous driving.

When I was learning to drive, using blanket policy was called dangerous
driving, and reality proved it true almost daily.

It's dangerous to constantly change speed on major throughways.  Good
steady speed is a lot safer than everyone slowing at intersections.

A major problem, of course, is that there are often too many
intersections on the main artery roads.

But even then, maintaining speed is a lot safer.

In any case, shortening the yellow time is dangerous and wrong, period.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["The strength of the Constitution lies
entirely in the determination of each citizen to defend it.  Only if every