[geeks] Stuff fo' sale

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Aug 16 11:10:57 CDT 2006

Tue, 15 Aug 2006 @ 14:27 -0600, Dan Duncan said:

> On Tue, 15 Aug 2006, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > > Really?  So how many people driving around you are using handsfree units?
> > > How many people are driving while stupid because they're fiddling with
> > > the radio, drunk, having a conversation with a passenger, running on too
> > > little sleep, or are otherwise distracted?
> > >
> > > Simple answer:  YOU DON'T KNOW.  Your eyes can't tell you this.
> >
> > Yes, they can.
>
> You can tell WHY someone is driving poorly?  Wow, you're good.

No, you are just good at putting words in people's mouths.  Nice try.

> > When people talk, even hands free, their is unique body language.
>
> Talking to whom?  Themselves, a passenger, someone on the phone, someone
> on the radio?  You can tell that?

Oh come on... you either have missed out on what most other people see
all your life, or you are just being deliberately obtuse.

> > Besides, there are also accident reports.
>
> You're psychic?  You can see the accident report of someone who hasn't had
> an accident yet?

That's not what I said and you know it.  Any special reason you are
playing games like this?

> > Back to eyes: I can also observe people on cell phones while they are
> > shopping.  They run into people, run their buggies into displays, stop
> > in doorways, and forget the business they are supposed to be doing.
>
> Right.  They don't have the mental aptitude to handle two things at once.

Again, putting words in my mouth.  You said that, not me.

I said when they are communicating they focus almost entirely on that at
the expense of whatever else they are doing.

I said nothing about doing N things at one time.

> When you keep in mind that legislators are generally morons, it's a good
> idea to keep an eye on them.

True, but few people do.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["The strength of the Constitution lies
entirely in the determination of each citizen to defend it.  Only if every