[geeks] Dos and similar games

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Aug 16 07:30:12 CDT 2006

>From: Phil Stracchino <phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net>
>Date: 2006/08/16 Wed AM 07:13:24 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] Dos and similar games

>Lionel Peterson wrote:
>>> From: Phil Stracchino <phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net>
>>> Better than that:  Not only make it legal for CCW holders to fly armed,
>>> but give airlines incentives to offer fare discounts or class upgrades
>>> to CCW holders on the condition they fly armed.  And to make it
>>> feasible, make it mandatory for all states to honor other states' CCW
>>> permits, just like drivers' licenses and any other legal instrument
>>> (otherwise it'd only protect flights between states with CCW reciprocity).
>>
>> Oh, so I'll know that all the targets are in First Class?
>
>I said, class upgrades OR fare discounts.  Some may pick the upgrade,
>some may pick the discount.  Some may have started out in first class
>anyway.
>

>> Also, if you watch the check-in/boarding process, you could probably spot the "temporary" Sky Marshal - either because of their class upgrade, a wink or a smile to the flight attendant, etc...
>
>Why should it be easier to spot a CCW holder on a plane than anywhere else?

The guy with the bulge in his jacket no one checks? The girl that gets walked past the metal detector? The one that goes to the check-in clerk to complain they didn't get their free upgrade to Business/First Class seating? Also, the flight crew would have to be told if there was a civilian with a gun on board...

Better to work hard to ensure there are no guns on board, as it eliminates possible problems. "Bad Guys" will always find a way to bring a plane down, if motivated.

Were I to bring down a plane, it would be through checked baggage, and I wouldn't let the person carrying the bag know they had it (i.e. repack their bag while they slept). With GPS, timers, and altimeters, a clever "bad guy" could figure out a million ways to bring a plane down...

Personally, I can't wait for folks to start checking their bags again - it's silly, in the name of getting out of the airport faster, they carry everything on-board, and delay everyone else onthe plane as they wrestle with a too-big bag from th eoverhead compartment... But that's me...

Lionel