[geeks] Dos and similar games

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Tue Aug 15 05:44:13 CDT 2006

On Sun, Aug 13, 2006 at 06:22:51PM -0600, Dan Duncan wrote:
> The ones I've seen are Bluetooth.

Not a real problem. You can install a USB to Bluetooth dongle, but some
places will probably restrict you from usin bluetooth.

> I assume we could use a tiny non-powered laptop-type USB hub if we needed
> to for multiple devices for a particular application.  (wifi and a keyboard
> if I wanted ssh, for example)

Yes.

> I don't recall, but is IR in the mix?  I use IR on my cellphone to bridge my pda
> (Sharp Zaurus) to the internet.  My cellphone also supports bluetooth.  I could
> also do it using a cable, but I prefer not to lug one around.

No. You could add an IR USB dongle. :-)

At this point the plan is to come to market with a low function version
of the devices. Dos games, (relatively) slow processor, cheap screen,
no wifi, IR, bluetooth. Still expandable but not feature creep'ed to
$500 a unit. :-)

As the market matures, features and software support will be added.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667  Fax ONLY: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838