[geeks] HP Journada 720 - $75 (Refurbished, after rebate)

Micah R Ledbetter vlack-lists at vlack.com
Mon Aug 14 20:06:17 CDT 2006

On Aug 10, 2006, at 09:00, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> If you google, say, Journada 720 linux" you'll see it is/was able
> to run Linux, and it appears that NetBSD is/was an option as well
> (at least as of 3.0 of NetBSD - http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/hpcarm/ ).

I posted a thread about a similar device, the NEC MobilePro. I
actually think that the Jornada has more features, but I don't
remember which ones.
http://www.sunhelp.org/pipermail/geeks/2006-March/050252.html

> Anyone have any exp. with these devices? At $75, this enters the
> realm of "impulse buy" and with the ability for both PocketPC and
> NetBSD/Linux support for wired/wireless (WiFi) connectivity this
> could almost be useful...

I know some guys that have had experience, and they seemed really
cool. 75$ is also cheaper than anything I've found on ebay.

  - Micah