[geeks] Every server room needs one of these...

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Sun Aug 13 18:59:22 CDT 2006

On Aug 13, 2006, at 6:55 PM, Michael Parson wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 13, 2006 at 07:53:34AM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>
>> Found this link from a boingboing.net posting:
>>
>> http://www.boldoldphones.com/
>>
>> Rotary phones, reconditioned and guaranteed to work.
>>
>> As noted on the page, they will work in a power outage, since they
>> don't require any local power supplies. ALso mentioned, portable
>> rotary phones (cellular guts in a desktop phone:
>>
>> http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/categories.php?cPath=96
>>
>> I may need a rotary black desk phone for my office...
>
> Or, if you want something cheaper, but similar effect:
>
> http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/electronic/7830/

Some bizarre part of me now wants to connect something large and DEC to
the internet using that as an acoustic modem...  ;-)

Mike
----
People judge people. Lives are being cut short because of someone's
personal logic. Mothers, fathers, friends...their entire paths
instantly vanish into thin air. The question is, should this take place
at the whim of one individual? A beautiful woman stood before the
corpses of the Roderick thieves. She told me that she was merely
discarding some useless garbage. Dominique the Cyclops told me to just
think of it as "Spring cleaning."- Vash