[geeks] MS SBS Server - issues and questions

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sat Aug 12 19:31:27 CDT 2006

>From: Brian Dunbar <brian.dunbar at liftport.com>
>Date: 2006/08/12 Sat PM 04:18:10 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: [geeks] MS SBS Server - issues and questions

>Hey,
>
>I've picked up a part time job (hooray for keeping busy) with a local
>integrator.  My role is to 'flip' his new clients from whatever ad-hoc
>mess they'd been using* to SBS 2003.
>
>One of these is okay - but I can see that a great deal of my time is
>going to be spent watching SBS install.  Naturally my mind turns to ways
>to reduce the boring bits.

Microsoft has a suite of tools to facilitate repetitive installs - the "OEM InstallPak" (or similar), which is designed to create an image, then unload it onto multiple machines off a server... Not sure how well it would handle varying hardware underneath, since it was designed for installing, say, SBS on to hundreds of identical boxes...

Lionel