[geeks] Stuff fo' sale

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sat Aug 12 15:47:57 CDT 2006

On Sat, 12 Aug 2006, Mike Meredith wrote:

> I guess that US rules on 'yellow' (we call it 'amber') are somewhat
> different to the UK rules, because 'stop unless you're too close to
> the line to stop safely' is unlikely to result in greater profits if
> you cut the time on amber.

We have two conflicting rules in Texas.  The amber rule is similar to
yours.  However, a citation can be issued for having any part of your
vehicle in the intersection at the moment the light turns red.
Usually, if a policeman sees this, he'll not bother since the amber
lights are rarely timed as they should be.  If he's in a really pissy
mood, he might cite for blocking an intersection or running a red.

The cameras cite for running a red, which is a hefty citation.

--
Jonathan Patschke    )   "A man who never dreams goes slowly mad."
Elgin, TX           (      --Thomas Dolby, "Valley of the Mind's Eye"