[geeks] Stuff fo' sale

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Fri Aug 11 13:23:59 CDT 2006

>From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
>Date: 2006/08/11 Fri AM 09:19:40 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] Stuff fo' sale

>Fri, 11 Aug 2006 @ 07:40 -0500, Lionel Peterson said:
>
>> Probably a case within a case - the thermite would have been on the
>> outside (weatherproof) case, and inside the drive was probably in a
>> hardened case, most likely a tray type contraption to allow for easy
>> removal to start proceedings against those law breakers!
>
>Amazing how much money and effort they'll spend punishing people.
>
>Imagine how good streets and traffic control would be if they spent the
>same effort on that... :/

I'm sure each "speeder cam" is really a source of revenue, enforcement becomes a secondary concern I suspect. In purely financial terms, I'm sure that you could get four "speeder cams" installed for less than the cost of an equipped police cruiser - without the cost of either the salary or the benefits of an actual policeman... Figure in the revenue generated from such a machine, and maybe those same four cameras are *paying* for an actual policeman in a cruiser, actually increasing enforcement of other laws on the back of law breakers.

Lionel