[geeks] Solaris 10 / OpenSolaris bits to be in next version of OSX

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Aug 10 14:40:57 CDT 2006

Thu, 10 Aug 2006 @ 13:06 -0400, Phil Stracchino said:

> >> Then "dd" over one side of the mirror with something like
> >> dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/rdsk/c2t2d2s2 bs=1048576 count=5
> >
> > So I'll dd over the data and its copy.
> >
> > Down goes ZFS.
>
> Hey, I could go and physically smash the disks with a hammer.  It
> wouldn't prove anything about ZFS or about non-ZFS.

I know, and that's my point.

He was giving a nonsensical reason why ZFS was good.

Some people seem to have ZFS as their new religion, and instead of
answering questions they are giving us this: ZFS is great, everything
else is dung.

Bah!

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["People should have access to the data which
you have about them.  There should be a process for them to challenge any