[geeks] Solaris 10 / OpenSolaris bits to be in next version of OSX

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Aug 9 14:10:28 CDT 2006

Wed, 09 Aug 2006 @ 11:32 -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo said:

> On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 11:12, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > > OSX feature:  Time Machine
> > > This appears to be, the integration of a nice GUI or Finder-awareness,
> > > combined with ZFS and its snapshot functionality.
> >
> > Um, no.
>
> You are correct, I appear to be wrong about that.  Jumped the gun.
>
> Would be neat, though.

It could happen I guess, mostly depending on Apple's view of
incorporating a new filesystem.

Of course, ZFS is probably just as likely to catalyze other development
rather than just ports.

Linux will probably get ZFS.  It's kind of a filesystem whore anyway.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["If you tell the truth, you don't have to
remember anything" -- Mark Twain]