[geeks] Flash drive questions

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Aug 8 14:52:40 CDT 2006

Mon, 07 Aug 2006 @ 19:03 +0100, Mike Meredith said:

> Well yes, using flash memory as a replacement for system memory probably
> isn't a great idea but that isn't what we're talking about (at least I'm
> not). We're talking about using flash memory as a extra tier of caching
> for fixed disks ... *when* it becomes fast enough to do so.

By that time, MRAM will be a far better solution.

It already is if you can afford it.

> > Ummm..........  Dunno about you, but I'd consider that a problem.
> > Especially if the flash was the majority of my RAM.
>
> I want all the RAM I can stuff in a box.

Heh... I much rather have programs become more efficient, but I've
settled for RAM stuffing since I know that won't happen.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["The trade of governing has always been
monopolized by the most ignorant and the most rascally individuals of