[geeks] Dos and similar games

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Thu Aug 3 12:29:52 CDT 2006

>From: William Enestvedt <William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu>
>Date: 2006/08/03 Thu AM 11:43:13 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] Dos and similar games

>I love Snood, and would like Tetris and a nice selection of solitaire
>(card) games.
>
>   If you really want me to limit myself to "retro" games, then how
>about Crystal Quest (minus the SFX), or maybe some of the old text
>advtentures (which would result in serious RSI for trying to use a tiny
>keyboard to play Zork or Rogue!).
>
>    I don't think I really care about games that much, actually,
>full-size or hand-held. Do I have to leave now? :7)

I dunno, let me check the headers on your posts and see if you're using an approved mail client. ;^)

I'm in the same boat - I like the gee-whiz of games, but don't actually play them. My brain was engrossed with Asteroids, Pac Man, Dig Dug & the like in the early 80's, modern games are too confusing - I can't for the life of me "enjoy" an X Box game if the gameplay involves anything more than steering around a course at speed, or shooting at mindless enemies...

My 9 year-old, on the other hand plays these games with great ease...

Lionel