[geeks] Good free games?

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Aug 2 14:33:35 CDT 2006

Wed, 02 Aug 2006 @ 07:18 -0700, Michael Dombrowski said:

> I'm faced with the prospect of a 12hour layover
> tomorrow night and need some new games for my laptop -
> Civ 1 has finally begun to wear out on me. So, any
> recommendations for games that:
>
> Don't need any kind of graphics (Intel integrated
> only)
> Are free/abandonware
> Run on Windows
> Don't require internet

You can get ports of various UNIX games like rogue/hack/etc.

I know you said free, but older games are nearly free, and some have
even been released into the public domain now.

Also, something older like Baldur's Gate or Icewind Dale might work, and
they can sometimes be found for nearly free now.

The original Elder Scrolls games and Heroes of Might and Magic might
also work on an old laptop.

Oh, and there is always the Infocom adventures, most of which are free
now and require little in the way of resources.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["There is no such thing as security.  Life
is either bold adventure, or it is nothing -- Helen Keller"]